The last few weeks of being pregnant are the best for me. It's like the grand finale of a long concert. My belly button starts poking out as if to say "ding! your done!" My tummy tightens up and then relaxes--not real contractions yet, but a reminder that my body is warming up for the big "marathon." It's exciting and fun...and scary. To be completely honest, as excited as I am, I also have moments where I'm terrified of taking care of a two-year-old and a newborn; that despite my very best intentions and efforts I'm going to get clobbered. But these are just moments. They don't last long and I don't pay too much attention to them. Bring on the double-stroller, the two car seats, the 2 a.m. feedings, the occasional 2-year-old meltdowns--not that my son ever has tantrums ;)--and the extra diaper duty---I'm ready for all of it! I think...
My energy level shoots up during this time too and I go into "nesting mode." Suddenly, I want to wash the cars, move furniture around, do yard work, organize closets...(These are not normal desires for me...).
I start to wonder about all of the exciting details. Will my water break like last time? Will I be a week late this time? Will Joey and I decide on a name in time? What's going to happen to us that we haven't planned for? Who is this little person anyway? I can't know the answers now so I have to wait and the anticipation builds and builds and builds and builds.......
Wish me luck! I'm going to be a mom for the 2nd time!!
8 comments:
I can't believe that you are so close to being done! When I think about march it seems a long way away, but I know it will be here before we know it. You will do great with two kids. I am so excited to you!
Good luck Tiff...better you to go first on this one then you can give me all the tips and good advice :)
Reading your message made me wish I was in your place! I have MUCH longer to go. So far, Courtney hasn't said it's been too hard. She said it's kind of a shock to get up in the middle of the night again, so be prepared for that!
I was going to ask how it was turning out for Courtney. Glad to hear she says it's not too hard to have two! I'll enjoy my "consolidated sleep" while I can!
Oh my goodness, good luck! It's coming soon, isn't it?
How fun! I just found your blog. What a cute little boy. I hope you are feeling well these days. Those little ones are such great blessings. Looking forward to newborn pics! :)
Tiffany,
I loved your post. We are looking forward to this brand-new sweet addition to the family. Not long now!
Love, MOM
Hey Tiffany,
I was so excited to see your blog and get caught up on the last two years! Good luck with the upcoming bundle!
Heather Lindsay
Post a Comment