Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

Joey and I listened to most the sessions on the Internet. For the most part, the whole family stayed in the same room while it was on. I guess Miles just wanted to be near us. Surprisingly there were very few distractions--even with potty training going on. A few of the talks that really touched me were Elder Wirthlin's talk in the Sat. afternoon session, President Uchtdorf's talk in the Relief Society session, and President Eyring's talk Sunday morning.

There is a very nice new archive of General Conference on LDS.org where you can listen to the talks or even a specific song from conference. In the past listening on the Internet hasn't been as user friendly so we were really happy to see all the improvements they've done to make it easier to use.

3 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

I agree. Conference was awesome. Love, MOM

Christina said...

Thanks for the link. We went to Conan's brothers house to watch conference in Benson and then came home on Sunday to listen to conference on the internet too. We came up with a bright idea of trying to hook the internet up to the t.v. to watch it and failed, thus we headed down to the church house once our entire internet service malfunctioned!! Anyway we missed out on a couple of talks during our drive so I am glad I can make up for it on the website!! Thanks!!

Ashley H. said...

That's great we have the archives readily available now. Thanks for the link! I just think it's so nice we get the option of watching conference on line. I was reading your quirk post and saw that you have no TV and don't mind it. We got rid of our cable to save money months ago and only have a fuzzy sports center and a few other stations that come in, so we basically don't watch any TV anymore either. I agree with you in that you start to not mind it after a while. It's funny. We just rent videos or watch things online. It's great that way and it sure saves money right?!