For those of you who have been to our home, you know we live in a farming area. Is "cow town" derogatory? I always say we live in cow town, but I mean it in the nicest way :).There are weekly rodeos down the street from our house--literally 5 minutes away. We haven't seen one yet. Tonight we heard there were tractor pull races at the rodeo arena and we went for an official "cow town" experience. For a city girl it sure was an experience!
There were cowboys in their boots, hats and big belt buckles everywhere. The tractor races were fun to watch. The local country western station was playing over the loudspeakers. There were kids Miles' age wearing cowboy boots and plaid shirts. We didn't fit in with the crowd very much.
Miles loves tractors and was in tractor heaven tonight. All in all, I'm glad we did it. It was an experience.
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun activity. I didn't realize you had a rodeo arena so close. I haven't been to a rodeo since I was a little girl in Oklahoma but I remember it was an interesting and fun thing to go to the rodeo there. Miles might enjoy a real rodeo, especially if he likes animals. At least its something to see, at least once in your life. Hope you enjoyed the country music. Love, MOM
When I was growing up we lived about a block away from the local fairgrounds. They always had track pulls and they were noisy. We never went to one though.
That sounds like fun!! I actually have never been to a rodeo and never a tractor pull. I bet my kids would love it!! Was it by the high school arena?? What a fun and easy family activity!!
Hmmm, sounds a little like my world! Colt loves it all.
Post a Comment