Last night was crazy.
Joey left around 6pm. The entire house was a disaster. Not just messy--but gross messy. Chunks of food on the ground under the table from our dinner...toys everywhere...sticky counters...full garbage cans. Get the picture?
It was also the time of night where somehow the kids require all of my attention (happens every night around the same time) and nothing else can get done until baths are taken and children tucked into bed.
The gross mess was bugging me so I was trying to somehow clean things up while bathing Miles and changing Hailey into her PJs. It's pretty much impossible on my own. (I'm still in the process of learning how to be supermom but I'm not there yet.)
At about this time Miles got out of the tub and was running around in his wet birthday suit and the dinner dishes looked sticker every time I glanced over at them. I decided I had had it! Nothing was getting clean and the kids were getting more and more ready for bed (i.e. cranky).
So I did what needed to be done. We dropped everything, left the house as messy as it was, got in the van, turned on the Christmas CD and drove around to check out Christmas lights. At one point Miles said, "Mom drive slower! I'm looking at the sprinkling lights!" I did not ask which lights were sprinkling.
The crazy night was defused and everybody came home happier. Hailey was happiest because she was asleep.
And, in the end, the house did get cleaned up.
8 comments:
Love your posts...and I think you are a "SUPER MOM" even if your counters do get sticky.
Poor Tiff...I feel your pain. I'm glad it was a nice evening inspite of the stresses.
Good for you Tiffany! Sometimes things just have to go undone!
I've had some of those nights myself!! I am glad you survived and Ilove the Christmas lights idea!! I used to drive Katie around as a baby on nights where she just wouldn't go to sleep on her own!! And you are a super Mom!!
Sometime we just have to "walk away" from the mess. It's always easier to face a little later. Glad you got out and enjoyed the lights.
I am so impressed! We all need a reminder to enjoy making memories with our kids. The messes will still be there waiting for us.
That's how it should be. Glad the night ended up alright.
I wish I would have thought to do that when I felt overwhelmed. Getting away from it all was probably the best thing you could do. . . for all of you! You are such a great daughter-in-law!
Post a Comment