Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Arthroscopic Medial Meniscectomy (Knee Surgery)

Joseph has a bum knee. Today he had his second surgery on it. The doctor called it an arthroscopic medial meniscectomy--but I'll just say that they fixed his knee up. Curious about what was going on with his knee? Of course you are! So here it is:

Let's pretend this is Joey's knee.



You see the ACL up there? He riped that a couple years back and had surgery to repair it. His knee has never been the same. Then you see the meniscus at the bottom? He had a tear there. Also, the cartilage had problems too. His knee has been weak, popping out of place, and sometimes painful these last few months.

He'll be spoiled--long naps whenever he wants, food in bed, laptop nearby, etc. I don't mind the extra work cause he'd do the same for me.

Here he is tonight, about half an hour ago:



He's already made himself comfortable and is doing just fine. I can't wait to see what physical therapy and exercise will do for his knee.

Get well soon Joey!

Joey adds: I found this video of what actually happend to me. Before the operation I was told I had a tear and that they would sucher it together. At post-op Dr. Morgam told me that they removed excess meniscus that was causing the discomfort and discolation. Check out the chompers on that thing!