Monday, February 16, 2009

What a weekend

This weekend was very eventful.

For the big V-day Joey gave me roses. They make me so happy! My gift to him was letting him go watch a U of A basketball game on a big flat screen TV while I watched the kiddos.

That night we went on a wonderful date. We've made a goal to go on dates once a week this year and I am getting addicted to our date nights. I love going out on dates with him!

Then Sunday...we attended church as usual. Everything was going pretty well during sacrament meeting (I even got to listen to and contemplate most of both talks). Then out of the clear blue Miles leans over his dad's lap and...how can I say this gently??...throws up all over himself, his dad, and the ground. It was massive amounts. I still remember watching this as it was happening and only one thought running through my mind...that thought was "this too shall pass."

I have to pause here. Because, even though it was really horrible, there were some positives that made this less traumatic than it could have been.

1. We were sitting in the very back.
2. We were not sitting under carpet and we were not sitting in the pews! (can you imagine how much worse it would have been if we had been sitting in the middle of the chapel somewhere?)

Well, somehow we got everything cleaned up. We all went home covered in....goop...feeling a little defeated. Miles was happy for the rest of the day despite his sickness. He's feeling better today. And, it did pass, that horrible moment I mean. It's just a memory now.

Phew....now I can look forward to our next date night.