Miles started preschool this morning! It's about 5 minutes away from the house and lots of kids from nursery are in his class. So I think it's going to be fun!
While we got ready to go this morning Miles was pumped. What, he wanted to know, was his teacher's name? How many kids will he play with? What kind of snacks will they eat? And then he asked, "Is it scary?"
I paused at this and thought about how to answer. No, but sometimes doing something new can seem scary. I told him the story of how I left for college on an airplane "all by myself" and I was really excited, but once I got on the airplane I was really nervous. I ended by saying something to the effect of "but doing stuff that might seem scary at first can turn out to be great!" At this point I don't think he was listening anymore. He was too busy trying to work the zipper on his backpack.
When we got there he left my side almost too quickly for me! He didn't even look at me. I brought my camera, ready to take a picture of the "momentous" occasion, but the room was crowded, Miles was happily playing and oblivious to my presence, and I felt like if I stood there for too long I'd be in the way. So I left without a picture. But I'll keep the picture in my head as long as I can. Miles, with his spiderman backpack and red shirt happy and excited to be a big boy at "school." Right before I left I glanced back at him one last time. He was playing with the toy cars. Go figure. That's so Miles.
5 comments:
What a wonderful memory. We are so proud of Miles for his first at pre-school! High-five, Miles.
I probably would have cried if that was me...you're a strong mom. Yay for Miles though, it must be nice to have some mommy daughter time with Hailey now.
I vividly remember the day I dropped Caleb off at preschool for the first time. It was horrible for me! It's amazing how although it never is completely easy, it does get easier.
You are such a wonderful mother! I really admire you.
How did Miles enjoy his first day? I can't believe our boys are old enough to be in preschool. They are just growing too fast!
How fun for Miles. I am sure he will enjoy every minute and it will be fun Mommy time for you and Hailey! You are a sweet patient Mom and I love to hear how you spend time talking things out with your sweet kids!;0
Post a Comment