Recently, I turned 25--which means I am a quarter of the way to one of my life goals--to reach the ripe old age of 100. May I remind Joey at this point that I have made a goal for him to live to be at least 106, since, of course, we are six years apart in age.
Actually, I don't care if I live to be 100, although it might be nice. Nicer still would be if Joey and I could be guaranteed to always be together no matter how wrinkled our skin gets. (Ooops, somehow I have fast forwarded 75 years ahead, let me come back to being 25 again.)
I have been thinking about how blessed my life is at this point. At this very point in my life. It is good and I want to remember the good, and savor it. Take it all in. There will be bad moments I know. They will pass like they always do and the good will return just like it always does. But, right now, there seems to a lot of good to soak in.
My kids are happy and I enjoy staying at home with them each day. The hot weather is slowly melting away into fall. Joey and I have been able to spend lots of time together. Our health is good. So is the health of our friends and family. We have many friends and family who would help us out in a heartbeat. Our home is comfortable and beautiful. We have peace in our home.
I can't think of anything better than all of this. I want to pass the good along to others. I want to volunteer, and donate what we can spare. I'm even feeling in the mood to donate blood! And that's not common for me!
Thank you to everybody who makes our life what it is. Thanks for being our friends and our family and loving us despite whatever may sometimes make us a little less lovable. Thanks for all the kindness.
I didn't think much of my birthday this year. Maybe I've finally grown up enough not to care so much. I was too busy with life I guess. But the day came and the phone didn't seem to stop ringing and the love didn't stop showering all day long. I didn't need it all, I would have still had a great day without it I think. But, all the kindness meant a lot to me. Each one was like a small gift! It was unexpected and it was nice. I'm not perfect, but it's obvious I've got friends and family who love me anyway. Thanks guys!
25 has come, and it is good and beautiful!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great one!
It's always good to take time to think about how good life really is. You have sure blessed my life. So glad you had a good birthday.
Good thoughts. Happy b-day!
Happy Birthday Tiffany!!:) It sounds like you had a great day!
I loved this post too. You have a way of writing that really draws me in and touches me.
You are amazing!
Thanks for inviting me to your blog.
Post a Comment