We went to the Gila Valley Temple open house (located near Thatcher, AZ) on Friday morning.
We stayed at a hotel closer to the temple on Thursday night. Swimming was fun!
I asked the kids what their favorite part of going to the temple was:
Miles: "The cookies" (they had refreshments at the chapel following the tour.) I was hoping he'd say something that was actually about the temple...oh well, even if this event doesn't stick out to him I guess I can remind myself the trip was part of being consistent about having gospel teaching moments, right?
Hailey: "The sparkly temple" (The chandeliers were beautiful and very sparkly--reminded me of glitter. I assume that's what she was referring to...)
3 comments:
It's so wonderful that you were able to go to the open house! Grandpa said he agreed with Miles -- the refreshment cookies were very good (at least the ones we had at the temple open we went to in Utah last year were). You guys are great parents for teaching your children well! Love you all.
I remember the first temple open house I went to when I was 4 or 5. What do I remember? My grandma got to go in a wheelchair through the tour.
Glad you mad a vacation out of it. We did a one day trip - or I should say I did a one day trip with the kids.
Post a Comment