Friday, July 9, 2010

Fourth of July fun!

For the 4th we headed up to Flagstaff to spend some time with my mom and dad and brother.We stayed for 6 days. It was really fun! 

Flagstaff is a pretty little city!! We hiked, saw deer and elk, played mini-golf, and went swimming. We also went to a local lake, and took lots of walks.

Funny story: As we dressed for church Sunday morning we realized that we forgot to pack Miles' Sunday shoes. So there he was at church wearing black suit pants, a white shirt and tie...and flip flops! Luckily, I was able to swallow my initial embarrassment and found a little bit of humor in it instead. I'm glad we chose to laugh about it and send him to primary in his flip-flops because he had a great time. He was so excited that they sang the "Hello Song" to him! He mentioned that they never sing "Hello" to him in his regular primary. Silly boy :).

Sweet Moment: Eating a snack on the mountains while hiking was fun. Hailey and her grandpa had fun talking and hanging out together and I enjoyed seeing their friendship take shape.



Unexpected fun: We found this little ladder in the middle of the forest that took us to the top of some rocks. It was kind of fun. 



Wild Encounters: I love seeing animals out in the wild--so seeing deer and elk was exciting and fun! 



*Attempted* family photos:



Beautiful scenes we saw while hiking:


Best Part: My favorite part was having Joey with us all day long for 6 days! It was also great to spend lots of extra time with my family. 

5 comments:

Gates Family said...

That's so neat you were able to come to Flagstaff. We never took the opportunity when we were down there. But I now know we missed out. It's been fun getting to explore it. Looks like you had a great time too!!

Lindsey said...

That fam photo with Hailey smashing her cheeks is so precious!

Carbonneau said...

what a fun trip! the weather in Flagstaff is AWESOME! I need to go up there for more than just passing through. Great place! btw I have lots of ideas for traveling alone with kids. We should get together soon!

Lynette said...

Love your forest pictures. We like taking trips with grandparents too because you do get such great bonding time that you never get any other time.

Christina said...

Looks like the perfect trip Tiffany! I love Flagstaff and just being outdoors in nature in general. Sounds like you were able to have lots of family time together.:)