Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Salt Lake City and Education Week at BYU
August 9th I drove the kids up to Salt Lake City to spend a week with my grandma, aunt, and uncle. I was a little worried about driving with the kids so far by myself, but they were great travelers! It was a liberating experience for me, because in the past road trips with young children and without Joey sounded too hard and overwhelming. Now, I know I can do it and that the kids will travel well for 12 hours a day--even without a DVD player in the van! :) I feel much more confident and will consider taking other mommy/kid road trips in the future. Trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone is always good for me!
Joey flew up to SLC on Friday. We were so glad to see him again!
Salt Lake City was fun. During the week the kids carved a pumpkin and planted pumpkin seeds. We took the kids to a local playground almost every day. The kids also got to finger paint, go to a movie in the theaters, and eat mass amounts of popsicles. We played in Grandma's backyard every day--Hailey loved sitting in the little red wagon and letting Miles or someone else take her for rides. We were able to celebrate Grandma's 81st birthday with her that Sunday. It was a wonderful week.
After a week in Salt Lake we traveled to Provo where we met up with Joey's parents and sister Lindsey, her husband Dave and their daughter Sophie. We stayed in a beautiful and big vacation house in Orem and Lindsey, Dave, Joey and I all got to attend Education Week at BYU while the kids got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa. It was an awesome, inspiring, uplifting week. We took finance, parenting, marriage, religion, and health classes. I'm excited to try out some of the new ideas shared! I have some new goals I can't wait to work toward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We had fun playing outside everyday when we went to Utah too. Not too many more days till we can do that again here! How fun to have a birthday with grandma! Miles said something about going camping in Utah? Glad you were able to go to Education Week. One year I'll go!
Sounds like a fun trip. I'm glad you were able to go. I know grandma loved seeing you all and Education Week must have been amazing.
It kind of makes me want to see if my kids would travel better in the car without Brian! I know they DEFINITELY fly better that way! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment