My favorite part of the trip: The Road to Hana on Maui! It had BEAUTIFUL waterfalls, rolling hills covered in lush green tropical plants, cliffs overlooking the ocean, natural pools that we could go swimming in, black sand beaches, etc...
Iao Valley, Maui
Front Street, Lahaina, Maui

On the Road to Hana, Maui

Green everywhere! A welcome sight to us Arizona dwellers...
A black sand beach! On the Road to Hana, Maui
Sea cliffs made from lava rock!

We took this strenuous, uphill LONG hike through jungle and a bamboo forest and at the end we saw this: a HUGE cliff with this beautiful waterfall jetting down the side. It was breathtaking. Totally worth the sweaty hike!

View from the balcony of our hotel room on Oahu!

Front Street, Lahaina, Maui
On the Road to Hana, Maui
On the Road to Hana, Maui
Green everywhere! A welcome sight to us Arizona dwellers...
A black sand beach! On the Road to Hana, Maui
Sea cliffs made from lava rock!
On the Road to Hana, Maui (Mile marker 45)
Check out this Banyan Tree! Amazing! On the Road to Hana, Maui (Mile Marker 45)
We took this strenuous, uphill LONG hike through jungle and a bamboo forest and at the end we saw this: a HUGE cliff with this beautiful waterfall jetting down the side. It was breathtaking. Totally worth the sweaty hike!
Also at the end of the hike--this beautiful pool of water--open for swimming! Great way to cool off!
View from the balcony of our hotel room on Oahu!
The beautiful Laie temple
Another highlight was being together, of course! :)
Another favorite: snorkeling! We saw lots of fish and HUGE sea turtles! We also took a submarine ride and saw more fish and a shark!
It was an awesome trip and coming home was great too! I didn't realize how much I'd miss Miles and Hailey after being away from them for over a week. One woman on our plane said she wouldn't have minded staying for a few more days. I felt opposite--paradise was really nice but it's still no substitute for home!
5 comments:
How cool that you got to go to HI! I'm so happy for you guys! What a beautiful vacation that must have been!
I sure miss your beautiful face!
Great pictures! Looks like you had a relaxing time. So happy that you guys were able to enjoy this time together in such a beautiful place.
I really like your pictures-- especially the Front Street one.
Oh so jealous! I also LOVE the cute things the kids have said posted on the side of your blog
I love Hawaii, I could move in a heartbeat! Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment