Thursday, June 9, 2011

General update

Holy cow, it's already June! Nobody told me the more kids you have the faster time flies!

Quick update:

Clay is already 6 weeks old. He's a GREAT eater---about 10.5 pounds now! It is kind of exciting and amazing to think that my body gave him the necessary ingredients to grow strong before he was born, and my body is still providing what he needs now to grow. I think it's all amazing science. Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he designed mothers and babies!


He has found his voice, he doesn't exactly coo yet, but he does hum through his nose when he's eating!  And he loves ceiling fans so I think his eye sight is getting better! Oh, guess what?! He's smiled! I saw his first smile this afternoon, but as soon as I pulled out the camera he started to cry. Go figure! I'm going to catch that smile on camera though.


I've also found a great way to bond with Clay. Laundry time! I lie him on the bed and fold all the laundry around him, all the while talking his ear off. He stares at me or the ceiling fan (ok, it's usually the ceiling fan) and is a great listener :). He gets really excited during our laundry time chats--he'll punch the air with his little fists and kick his feet.

In other news, Joey took the kids to the White Mountains to go camping with the Hancocks the last weekend in May. They had lots of fun! I think this picture is awesome:

Hailey swinging in the mountains

 Apparently Miles didn't shave while he was camping--check out the dirt beard he's growing!

Hailey loved making big bubbles...

 Our little happy campers!

Grandpa Hancock bought a tree swing and the kids had fun on it! Hailey loves to swing! The kids always have fun camping with their cousins and grandparents in the White Mountains. I'm so sad there's a wildfire burning up there right now.

Here's a picture Reed took of the smoke coming from the fire:


And lastly...

I had to get a picture of one of Hailey's outfits. She's been getting herself dressed and picks out *interesting* combos such as this one: a BYU t-shirt, a denim skirt with lots of ruffles, purple socks and pink and grey Nike shoes. She can pull it off and still be cute!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Love the naked picture of Clay in the white blanket. Did you take that or is it part of a photo shoot you had done? Really precious. It is amazing how we are able to grow these little babies and give them everything they need. Camping pictures look fun. My kids would love that swing too. Hailey's outfit isn't too bad. Ethan always dresses himself but his favorite shorts are his multicolored plaid ones and he doesn't usually pick a shirt that is anywhere close to matching. And that's the way he loves it! Aren't kids great:)

Debbie Jones said...

Great pictures. Sounds like things are going well and everyone is growing and having lots of fun. Dad and Josh loved spending the day with you yesterday. Can't wait to see you all on the 19th!!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

That's kind of you Lynette, I took the picture of Clay.

Lindsey said...

You are turning out to be quite the photographer yourself!

The Boring Family said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun and keeping busy!