The week before he started kindergarten I started getting butterflies in my stomach every time I thought about it. The night before the first day of school Joey said something about kindergarten and I broke down and cried. I got all the tears out on Joey's shoulder for a couple of minutes...and then I felt much better about the whole thing :).
Miles had a great first week of kindergarten! I think it's going to be a great year for him! I'm really excited to get to hang out with Hailey one-on-one a little bit more too!
He wasn't sad, scared, or even overly excited...he was just happy :)
Writing his name on his coloring sheet.
He took the bus home on the first day. When we got home we had a snack at the table while he told me about school ("We eat lunch in a place called the cafeteria." "My teacher makes up pretend we're all bubbles and if we touch our neighbor then we pop, and we can't play the game anymore and have to sit by her." "During story time we have to find a zebra stripe to sit on and then we do criss-cross applesauce hands in your lap.") After he told me all the above cute stuff I went to do my daily goal of using the treadmill---when I was done I found Miles like this! Wiped out after the first day!
We leave for the bus stop at 7am, the bus comes at 7:15, and then the rest of the day with these two little cuties starts...(they might end up making
many morning bus stop walks in their jammies!!)
Miles isn't here...hmmm, what to do, what to do??
3 comments:
Such a sweet post. We are so proud of Miles and how well he is doing in kindergarten. We are also proud of Hailey and Clay. They are so cute. Missing you all. Thanks for posting these cute, cute pictures.
School has been exhausting for Riley too. I'm glad that Miles had a great first week. It's funny the things that kids tell us. Out of the 6 hours they are away and the cafeteria or the zebra stripe are the only thing we hear about it. I love it though.
I love the picture of Hailey and Clay on the couch-- Great lighting!
Miles has grown up so fast!
Post a Comment