| Before Church, July 2011 |
Written in July...
Hailey and I went to the grocery store to pick out a little treat tonight.
We found candy apples in the bakery section and that's what she picked. She picked out one covered in caramel and colored sprinkles. There's a little Starbucks inside the store so after paying we went over to the tables and sat while she and I shared some of the candy apple.
I noticed she was only eating the caramel and the sprinkles and not biting into the apple itself so I asked her if she was going to eat the apple too.
She told me, "I will but the caramel and the sprinkles are in the way..." I thought it was cute and a very good point. The caramel and sprinkles really are in the way of getting to the apple itself---can't get around that!
The Starbucks area is next to the floral/balloon section of the store so Hailey wanted to stop and look at all the balloons on our way out. We found a display of birthday cards that make noise and talk when you open them and Hailey wanted to open every one. We were there for about 15 minutes just reading and listening to birthday/get well/ congratulations cards.
I liked hanging out with my Hailey tonight. I liked looking at the world through her eyes. It was a great night...a great memory with my little girl.
3 comments:
She's totally right--that candy is in the way!
My grandma sends my girls "singing" cards for practically every holiday and they open them all day long! WE can't get rid of them until they are completely trashed! Even if the song doesn't complete all the way through, "it's still singing," so in their minds, still good. We've probably got about 10 of them around at any given time!
Hailey is our little sweetheart! She is so much fun to be around...so girlie and cute! Love it and her!! We are so blessed with sweet, wonderful grandchildren and they are blessed to have you and Joey as parents!
So cute! I love being able to take the kids out individually. It's always so much fun.
Post a Comment