Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday fevers

We celebrated Clay's first birthday today.

I can hardly believe that this time last year I was in the hospital with a tiny newborn. Clay has grown up a lot. I have loved getting to know him this last year. As I have taken care of him over the last year it has hit me on several occasions how I am nurturing and taking care of a child of God. He truly is a little individual and an important person.

April 25th, 2011


April 25th, 2012

Unfortunately, Miles has had a fever since Sunday. He's been sleeping a lot and is lethargic. I tried to keep the other kids from catching it, but after several days of being home bound with all three of them together keeping the other two healthy felt like I was trying to keep a fire from spreading in a field of dry grass...so I was not surprised when Clay woke up today with a fever too...

And so his first birthday was a sicky one.Despite the illness that is running through our home right now we tried to make it a special day for our sweet boy.

We had yummy cupcakes! (I am proud of my rudimentary decorating skills!)


He wanted to be in my arms a lot today. Ok, so I didn't get a whole lot of "to-do" things done today. That's ok, I had more important things going on, like taking care of this sick cutie.




He had no idea what to do with his presents! He started crying a few minutes after this. Too tired, and too sick. Poor sweet boy!
As a side note, Clay's newest cousin, Ethan McCook, was born today! These little guys get to share the same birthday. So, I will always remember when Ethan's birthday is now :).


3 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

Happy Birthday, Clay! Love you, BIG. Thanks for this sweet post.

The Boring Family said...

Happy Birthday, Clay! We hope you all feel better soon!

Cherise said...

I think your cupcake skills are seriously awesome. Way cooler than mine!! I can't believe he is 1!! That is crazy. Happy Birthday Clay!