Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer trips

In May we went to:


FOOLS HOLLOW LAKE, AZ! Here is the sole picture I took. We stayed at a cabin which we loved! Lindsey and girls stayed with us, and cousins abounded. Grandma and Grandpa Hancock time was in abundance much to our kids happiness. 

In June we went to:



FLAGSTAFF, AZ and hung out with more family. Lots of cousins and water balloons and food and all the great stuff that family reunions are made of. ;) 

In July we went to:


PAGOSA SPRINGS, CO with my mom and dad. We had so much fun and appreciate their generosity and kindness. The kids had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Jones.

We spent 46 hours combined in the car on our trips. It wasn't bad. I'm not joking! I was pleasantly surprised with how great the car time was. 

Now we are home and I'm trying to establish "the rest of summer routine" which includes reading (or being read to for the illiterates of the family) for 20 minutes a day, swimming on Fridays, Splash Pad on Mondays, doing Daddy Math night once a week, reading "8 year old scriptures" with Miles, having kids help with chores throughout the week, and trying to get everybody tucked into bed around 8:30. Long live summer! We love summer. School starts end of August...until then we are going to live up every single beautiful summer minute we can.

No comments: