Joey is a great person. Some things I love about him include how he spends time with our kids taking them on bike rides, out fishing, or shopping. He reads to them and plays with them. He is smart, he is dedicated to his career and using that career to provide a good life for us. He's a hard worker. He actively notices the good traits of others. I love that he doesn't have a habit of negative talk about other people. He is soft spoken too, which is one of the first things I noticed about him when we met.
Above is our first photo together. I think it was taken in November of 2002. We were at P.F. Changs. He really liked me! We had a lot of fun on dates together.
A long time before I met Joey I had the desire and goal to marry a return missionary in the temple. I stumbled upon a very good, kind, devoted boy that first year of college, and I got to marry my return missionary in the temple just as I had hoped would someday happen. It was a LOT sooner than I ever expected! I was only 18. He was 24.
Here we are after 10 years of being married (last year). My goals now include to be a spiritually and emotionally strong woman so that I can support and strengthen Joey through our years of life together. I have a goal to show him charity, kindness, patience, and friendship each day. I want to show him each day that I love him by my actions and words.
My heart swells when I think about Joey. I am grateful he's my companion!
No comments:
Post a Comment