Sunday, October 26, 2014

Baby Paige, August 2014

The first month with Paige flew by. I hemorrhaged slightly when she was born which meant for the first nine hours after giving birth I couldn't sit up without feeling like I would faint...the doctor had me stay in the hospital an extra day to make sure my blood count was high enough.When Paige and I came home from the hospital I was still pretty light headed and felt tired easily. I was also bleeding heavily with some extra pain so I kept in touch with the doctor. This being said, I honestly don't remember a ton other than the sleep and tiredness and all the fun postpartum stuff of that first month of Paige's life.

She and I slept A LOT. That's how Paige and I spent almost that entire first month--sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. The kids started having to make their own sandwiches for lunch every day (school hadn't quite started yet). And we had two types of dinners--super nice dinners that friends brought, or super random dinners that the kids or I 'prepared' (think cold cereal or scrambled eggs!). I'll always remember when Paige was about 2 weeks old I was laying on the couch in exhaustion with the house a big mess when there came a knock at the door. Miles answered and there was Gina Glassford (our R.S. president) with an unplanned and unexpected DINNER for us. She said she thought she'd stop by and see how we were doing...she made it sound like she had "just been in the neighborhood" as we chatted but the fact that she had brought a fantastic meal for our family told me that she had been thinking of us for much longer than that.  

Paige, was extremely cute the entire first month of her life. She slept like a little angel, in fact everything about her during that first month reminded me of an angel. She was beautiful and just so cuddly!

When I took her to her two week appointment she weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces and had already grown 1/2 inch! Dr. Paxton was impressed with her growth.

When Paige was 4 days old we took her to a photo shoot with Shanna Thurlow (see previous post). When she was 10 days old our friend from the ward, Christy Marshall, called me and offered to take pictures of Paige for free (as she is working on improving her photography skills and building a portfolio, I think she's a fantastic photographer). Here are the results of that last minute, impromptu photo shoot:







No comments: