Paige will be 23 months old in two days. Tonight this very sweet moment happened:
Every night it is usually me (Tiffany) who tucks Paige into bed. She settles into her crib with her favorite blankets. I sing her a song and tickle her face. Then I help her say her prayers. She folds her little arms and very carefully repeats every single word I prompt her to say in order to "pray". After that Paige and I say good night. I say "sweet dreams" she says "sweet dreams" I say "see you in the morning!" she says "see you in the morning!" So cute! Thankfully she never fights bedtime. (Not true with naptime!!)
Tonight Joey tucked Paige into bed. About 30 second after he had left her room Paige was wailing! I could hear her calling my name too--"Mommy! Mommy!" I was surprised, she is such an easy kid to put to bed and crying this time of day is very unusual.
I went into her room and asked her (by the way, she is a VERY good talker at this point, I think the best of all the kids at such a young age) anyway, I asked her "What's wrong?" She said, "Mommy! Prayer!"
I knew exactly what had happened. Joey, who isn't familiar with this little ritual Paige and I share each night at her crib, had forgotten to help her say her prayers. She wanted help saying her prayers and it was important enough to her to start to cry and call for someone!
I helped her say her prayers and she and I happily exchanged our familiar partings, "sweet dreams, see you in the morning!"
I was touched by her desire to pray. I was impressed that saying her bedtime prayers is so important to her at this age. I love our sweet Paigey-pie, she is such a special little girl and an example to me already!
![]() |
| June 2016 |



No comments:
Post a Comment