Sunday, September 24, 2017

Orchestra quote and their primary program quotes

One of the best perks of motherhood are the CUTE quotes that come so often out of the mouth of these babes.

Recently Miles decided to join the 6th grade orchestra. Imagine my surprise when one early morning when I was just getting out of bed Miles comes into my room and says, "Mom, can I play the cello in orchestra this year?" I was not expecting to hear that first thing in the morning or...at all. I love these kind of surprises! Of course we said yes, so he went to the first day of orchestra where the orchestra teacher had a Q & A session. She asks "Does anybody have any questions?" Miles' hand was the first one up. He had a burning question. He asked, "Will there be any parties?" When you're an 11 year old boy this is a very important priority! I was chuckling all afternoon.

Today the kids came home with their primary program quotes they need to memorize. According to my dear friend Emily, who put together the primary program this year, these quotes were what the kids came up with themselves, in their own words. Maybe it's just me but I found every single quote cute. Seriously cute, brimming with cuteness! I think it's a great idea to have the kids speak in their own words because it's just so much cuter that way....Ok, so, they probably aren't as cute as I'm making them out to be, but I can't help my biased heart! Here's what they say:

Clay: "Our prophet has asked us to study the Book of Mormon. I study the Book of Mormon with my family. Sometimes we read verses in the morning, but mostly at night."

(This totally made me smile because it's true. We have tried mornings for years, but thankfully there's always nights to save us! You should see our mornings, I feel like I'm a circus conductor wearing pajamas.)

Hailey: "I can show respect and love to my brothers and sister when I talk with them in a kind voice and play games with them even when I'm busy."

(This made me smile because I know Hailey. Hailey does say she's busy when I need her sometimes. And almost always that means that she's downstairs playing with her beenie-boos. So I had to giggle when she used the term "even when I'm busy" because really she could change that to "even when I'm playing with my beenie-boos.")

Miles: "Knowing the Articles of Faith can help me be a missionary. My favorite Article of Faith is the 13th because it has lots of good information in it." (recite the 13th Article of Faith)

(This made me smile too. I mean the "lots of good information" part, I just love!)

These may not seem all that particularly cute to outsiders. But to me, the morning circus conductor in pajamas, who knows these kids so well, who spends all day with them, there was this tender sentimental feeling of amusement and joy in my heart when I heard their primary parts.

No comments: