Friday, May 7, 2021

50 yard challenge

Miles does A LOT of things. He has so much energy! This kid can make me to laugh (a lot), make me mad (sometimes), cause me to worry (occasionally), and has brought me to tears (oh boy). He also is the source of lots joy and gratitude (luckily very often). I love my salty boy something fierce!!

If you know me much then you have probably heard some of our stories about Miles. We have so many stories. I can't wait to tell his kids the crazy/funny things he's done!  

I saw these selfies he's been taking and I really wanted to share. Miles saw a newspaper article about something called "The 50 Yard Challenge" where teenagers are challenged to mow fifty yards in their community for free. It can be for anyone, but there's a special emphasis on finding those in need--maybe someone with a health challenge, or a single mother, or the elderly, or a veteran. Miles loves this idea and decided to participate. To participate he is supposed to share a picture of himself mowing each lawn with the man who is putting on the challenge. So he's been taking selfies.

The selfies he is taking are the BEST! I love seeing Miles enjoy serving others! I love that he's working hard and thinking of others! So far he has mowed 15 lawns for people in our community and he's still going strong. His goal is to complete the 50 yard challenge by the end of summer.

As a side note if you ever want to hear the story about Miles hooking up a lawn mower to the back of a moped (spoiler alert: BAD IDEA) just let me know. It makes for a funny story to his future kids--but it was one of those moments that when I found out I was so mad. 












 

No comments: