Thursday, November 8, 2007
Fire Alarm
Here's just a cute little thing I wanted to share about Miles. The other day I was talking on the phone and Miles comes up to me and points excitedly to the smoke detector on the ceiling. He does this with various things that he wants me to name for him so I knew that's what he wanted. I couldn't think of "smoke detector"at that moment so I told him "That's a fire alarm." That night we were reading the same fire truck book that we read every single day (and which I also happen to have memorized by now). Miles points to a picture of a fire truck then he points up at the smoke detector--which I had said was the "fire alarm." Wow! I was impressed. (Sometimes I think I underestimate what young children his age can understand and figure out.) We showed him how the smoke detectors work and now sometimes when he hears beeping (say the oven timer) he will look up and point at the closest smoke detector...Hmmm...maybe I'm the mom of a future firefighter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute. I can't wait to see you guys again at Christmas Miles and the bun in the oven. I bet your belly's very popped now.
Thanks for the idea of the BLOG, they are lots and lots of fun!
love,
Amber
That's cute. Smart boy!
By the way, if you didn't know, this is Becky (Hunt) Lancaster, your old roomie! I thought I should tell you to prevent confusion...
Post a Comment