Saturday, November 10, 2007
stomp!
Yesterday night I found a cricket in our kitchen. I thought it would be a good opportunity to teach Miles about being kind to living things so I showed him the cricket and explained we'd take it outside and let it go. We put it under a cup, slide a piece of paper underneath, and carried it outside together. I put the cup down on the front porch and encouraged Miles to remove the cup and let the cricket go. He was more than happy to pick up the cup. He squatted down and watched the cricket for a few seconds. He then stood up and without hesitating stepped on the cricket. Then he squatted down to look at the now dead, squished cricket. What exactly got lost in translation? Obviously Miles and I had completely different ideas in mind. So much for a great teaching opportunity. Maybe we'll try that lesson again another time with a different kind of animal--one that's a lot harder to squish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It just shows you that we aren't born with in instinct to like bugs!!! Miles knows what he is doing...well sort of. I bet it made you chuckle huh? Sometimes no matter how much you would like to stay seious you just can't.
Yeah I agree with you. My first thought was to flush it down the toilet. It did make me laugh when he stepped on it--so purposefully too. His aim was to kill! It will be great to have a little boy around the house because I have a bug catcher. I can just ask Miles to get them for me when I find them.
LOL! Boys will be boys. ;)
We all laughed outloud at this story. Miles is such a delight to the whole family!
Love, MOM
Post a Comment