Friday, October 17, 2008

Butterball

When Hailey was first born I called her my "little peanut." But nowadays I say she's my "little butterball."

She's totally a momma's girl. Maybe she loves me for my milk or maybe it's because I'm the only one she can count on seeing all day everyday (other than Miles).

Lately for her morning nap, afternoon nap, and bedtime we have a special ritual. I take her in her room, make it as dark as possible and sing to her. She usually puts her head on my shoulder and snuggles in. Then she falls asleep. Sometimes I keep singing because I love the way it feels having her snuggled against me...and sometimes I hurry and put her in her crib because a little two-year-old is calling out that he needs to use the potty or he wants a snack or he's spilt milk all over the carpet... But, I love this sleeping ritual--it seems to help her sleep well. I hope it lasts a long time.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I love the baby cuddle time. Hailey is a sweet little girl and I can understand wanting to cuddle her all day.

The Lewis Family said...

aw...she's such a cute little butterball!

Christina said...

You are such a wonderful Mom, Tiffany!! I love all the snuggles and rocking also. Children and I think especially babies are such a gift!! Your kids are so cute and are lucky to have such an awesome Mom!!

Debbie Jones said...

This makes we want to drive down there right now. You are a wonderful mom with a great family. Love, MOM