I told a few of you we were starting potty training with Miles this weekend...so now for the update of what happened.
We had a "potty party" Friday. For his party he got to drink lots of juice, eat lots of fiber filled foods, and run around our house naked. The first day I held my breath and was armed with carpet cleaner and disinfectant spray--but he only had one accident. I couldn't believe my luck!!
2nd day: One accident again! Awesome.
3rd day: Two accidents and a mom in tears and Miles holding his potty but not being able to relax his muscles when he sat on the toilet (even when he really did need to go). The tension was starting to build for all of us now...and I realized we both needed a breather.
More than anything I want this to be a positive experience. Not only for Miles but for me. We're trying to have fun with it and most of the time we are. All in all, I guess things are going pretty smoothly!
5 comments:
Hey Tiffany, I know that boys are harder than girls, but with Nevy I would have the sink running with water as she sat down and that somehow made her go. funny!
Um, yeah....only 1 accident a day??? Fabulous!!! I thought I was going to strangle Morgan when we potty trained! I'm so glad it's been successful for you guys. Way to go, Miles!
Patience...he will be potty trained by the time he goes to kindergarten. :-) Sounds like he's doing just fine. Love you all. MOM
Well I certainly cannot give any advise except that it all works out in the end!! I tried so hard with the first two and decided now to just let them get there when they are ready. Maybe I give up to easy?? Good luck and good job Miles!!
I thought potty training was even harder than being a full time missionary when I potty trained Devan. It was the hardest thing I had ever done. I've learned that cheering and having others cheer for them really helps. My nephew and young nieces call me when they are learning to go on the potty and I cheer like they have done the most incredible thing in the world. The aunts and uncles repay the favor with my kids!
Post a Comment