Monday, March 9, 2009

Grandma's house and Sophia!

We spent most of our Saturday with my mom and brothers. It was really fun.

We went to a nearby park and Miles got his first experience flying a kite. He loved it! I didn't realize kite flying is such a great way to get a workout. We did a lot of running to get our kites launched.

There was a mini carnival area at the park so Grandma provided pony rides and a kiddie train ride. My mom always goes out of her way to make our trips special for the kids.



My kids also like playing in Grandma and Grandpa J's house. Hailey likes crawling up the stairs. Miles likes playing with Uncle Josh's toys.

There are always sugary, melt in your mouth treats too. I thought it was really sweet that Grandma had a birthday cake for Hailey.

There's also a little farm close by. It's become sort of a tradition to take carrots over and feed the goats. Hailey likes the goats and Miles likes chucking carrots at them. The goats come running when they see us down the street.
.........................................................................................................................................................................

Also, on Saturday we got a new niece! When Hailey saw baby Sophie she signed baby over and over again (she knows a few baby sign language words...and can speak a few basics like mama, dada, ball, banana (na-na) and grandpa (ba-pa!)---not that grandpa is one of the basic 1st words but somehow she picked it up...)



Hailey adored the baby. Miles liked baby Sophie but I think he was more interested in eating Aunt Lindsey's leftover chocolate cake. I love holding sleepy little newborns! But, I'm not baby hungry for another yet. Miles and Hailey are keeping me busy enough for now! But little Sophia sure is sweet. Congrats Dave and Lindsey!