Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm a gardenin'

I started a garden this year. Our FIRST ever!

The squash, zucchini, eggplant, and tomato plants are thriving---but my watermelon and pumpkin plants are barely surviving!

Way back in February I planted seeds. After a month of no seedlings I gave up and bought plants. In the last few weeks my seeds have been sprouting like CRAZY.

I didn't know how much fun I'd have working out in the garden. It is a lot of work, but a lot of fun and I'm learning a lot about the science of gardening.

I found some local gardeners to help out. They will work for food. Specifically graham crackers!


2 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

Your garden is great and your helpers are just the best! Love you all.

Becky said...

I am so impressed! I don't know the first thing about gardening, but I'd like to learn.