Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference in Salt Lake City

I remember attending General Conference in Salt Lake City at the conference center for the first time when I was a college student. The first time was exciting and memorable. My roommate's dad got all 6 of us girls tickets--and they were really close to the pulpit! The conference center was magnificent, everything was exciting and new...it was the first time I'd ever been in the same room as the prophet and that was special to me.

So, when Joey, Marcus (his sister, Leslie's, husband), and Josh (my 14-year-old brother) went to see the Priesthood Session of General Conference at the conference center I was really excited for them! They had a great time!

Temple Square

Outside the conference center
The conference center is HUGE and gets packed...
I think it's really amazing how the whole feeling of that huge room changes when the prophet enters, everyone gets quiet and stands up and you can't help but feel so happy to be there!


2 comments:

Cherise said...

I love going to the conference center to attend conference! It is amazing! Looks like you had fun!

Lynette said...

What an awesome experience for them all. A great bonding time too.