Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clay at 5 months

I have never been much of a baby person. Until Clay came along...he has reformed me!

September

Around 4 months I started introducing him to rice cereal. The first couple of times he wasn't sure what to do with it. Now he loves baby food! When I am holding him and eating my own food he will see the spoon or fork I have and when I start to bring it to my mouth he'll open his mouth and lean in the direction of the utensil hoping I'll give him a bite :).

October

He can roll over from tummy to back, and back to tummy! He just started doing this recently. He can sit up without help for about 30-60 seconds before loosing his balance and falling over.

October

 He's started to make sounds other than coos, but not quite babbles yet. He can stick his tongue out and blow to make noise and he also likes to say "mmmmm." I love to have "conversations" with him. I will talk to him and then pause and he will say "Ahhh. Ahhh. Ahhh." Then I'll answer him, then pause, and he fills in the silence again with more coos. I love it! There is nothing better than having a conversation with this little guy :).

August
He sleeps great at night usually. Every night is a little different; he'll wake up every once in a while in the very early mornings (4am or so)---but for the most part he goes to bed at 7pm, wakes at about 10-11pm then sleeps until about 6 or 6:30am.

He takes two naps: one around 8:30 in the morning and the other around 12:30pm.  They last about 2 hours each.
He cut his two bottom teeth a couple of weeks ago! The right one came in first, followed by the left one a couple days later.


 I am so thankful that Heavenly Father gave him to us. He is the kind of baby that makes me want more babies in our house! Eventually! ;)

1 comment:

Debbie Jones said...

He is a DARLING baby! Such a cutie...just like his big brother and sister (and also like his mom was).