Sunday, June 24, 2012

Knotts Berry Farm..or bust!

The Hancock family had a family reunion June 13th-16th in Southern California! It was Joey's mom and dad's turn to host the reunion and they chose Knotts Berry Farm and the beach. They paid for almost all the expenses for all the family--talk about kindness and generosity!

We had a GREAT time! We took our family out to San Diego on June 12th. Our first stop was the San Diego Temple. The kids got to touch and see the temple. It is my hope that as they visit the grounds of the temples as they grow up that they will feel how sacred and wonderful the temple is and have the desire to enter in and do service there and be married there someday.

In front of the San Diego Temple entrance. I love that Miles and Hailey are great friends. Miles almost always puts his arm around Hailey for photos these days and I love it!

 Afterwards we went to Scripps Aquarium. Clay had fallen asleep in his car seat so Joey stayed in the car with Clay, park in the shade and took a nap himself while I took the kids through the aquarium. Afterwards, we stopped to see Amber, Derek, Emily and Thomas. Unfortunately on the way to their house an unexpected surprise occurred, Miles threw up in the back of the car! We didn't want to get Emily sick, since her immune system is compromised, so we called, but we were still invited and had a great time together. We got to meet their cute new little puppy and Hailey and Miles loved playing with Emily and Thomas.

Hailey didn't say anything at the time, but very soon after this she was talking about SHARKS all week long...from her comments she was obviously concerned about those large teeth!!

We had SO MUCH fun at Knott's Berry Farm! Hailey's favorite ride was the ferris wheel. Clay got to ride on the Merry-go-round and he was pretty happy about that. Even Joey and I went on a roller coaster and we aren't really a roller coaster couple. We'd both rather stay on the ground!

Morning before heading off to Knott Berry Farm.

The Hancock Family
All the grand kids! Front left to right: Mic, Aneve, Hailey, Megan, Stephanie, Kate, Chance, Miles, Sophie, Grant, Weston. Back left to right: Grandpa, Mavrick, Jarom, baby Ethan, Kiersten, Brayden, baby Clay, Allyson, baby Brent, and Grandma.

We found a ride Clay could go on. Yay!

As you can tell, the kids were overjoyed to meet Snoopy! ;)
The next day was a beach day. I stayed at the hotel with Clay so he could take a 3 hour nap--and I got a nap in myself! That night the kids got to participate in a cousins "talent show" where cousins danced, did magic tricks, sang songs, and did a cute skit.  The kids really love all their cousins, and I love their cousins too. It was fun to watch all these kids interact in such a fun and happy way with each other. There was lots of playing, swimming, watching movies and hanging out. The day we all left for home the kids got lots and lots of hugs from lots of cousins. They are so lucky!

Chance and Miles at Newport Beach

On our way home we stopped in Mission Viejo to see our friends, the Borings. They just bought a house there on a gorgeous hill! They live in a beautiful place with beautiful weather year round. They are wonderful friends and I can't wait to visit them again and again as the years go by!

We got home at about 11pm Saturday night. Even the drive home was nice. The kids slept well and Joey slept quite a bit too.

Sunday the 17th was Father's Day. I am grateful for the fathers in my life. I watched Joey take care of our beautiful children during our trip--changing Clay's diapers, making lunches to put in our cooler for the day ahead, bathing sandy children, swaying Clay to sleep at night, driving all over the place all weekend long, packing and unpacking the car more than once, listening along to children's books on CD in the van, and I realized once again that I am INCREDIBLY lucky to have him. I was immensely blessed the day we were married! Happy Father's Day to my dad and father-in-law too!

I am a lucky mom to have this dad by my side!

1 comment:

Debbie Jones said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Looking forward to seeing you all in Flagstaff. P.S. I agree with you that Joey is a great guy! :-D