I think my favorite part was feeding the ducks at the lake. The kids could ride their bikes as fast as they wanted far ahead of us and I didn't have to call to them to slow down or watch out for cars like I sometimes feel like I need to at home when the ride in the street. Clay LOVED feeding the ducks. He'd point to them and say "Duck! Duck! Duck!"
The kids loved swimming and goofy golfing at the little rec center down the street.
We've gone on the same hike, Bismarck Lake, before and it's our favorite. Really beautiful and peaceful and quiet. The kids are good little hikers.
My mom brought up lots of crafts for the kids to do and they made most of the meals for us while we were up there. It was really nice!
Thanks mom and dad for going out of your way to make it a special and fun time for us! :)
Below are some of my favorite pictures. I'm borrowing from my mom, I completely forgot our camera!!
| We found a little tree swing at the lake and all three kids looked forward to swinging every time we headed out to the lake. |
| This kid loved walking too, but he was very, very, very slow and Joey and I ended up carrying him along just to speed things up. |
| I thought this was a cute picture of everybody. Left to right: Me, Miles, Clay, Joey, Grandpa, Hailey, Josh, Grandma. |
1 comment:
Post a Comment