Clay is my sweetheart! He is already 15 months old. I love so much about him....
His kisses: If you say "give me a kiss" he opens his mouth wide, leans in and puts his open mouth against your cheek then pulls back and smiles.
 |
| July 2012 |
His jibber-jabber: When we were making muffins the other day I was holding Clay in one arm (because he wanted to be up near the counter and part of the action...) while holding the bowl with another arm while another child stirred the dough. Clay watched the yummy smelling dough and said his newest word over and over again, "moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe..." Translation: More. More. More. More... He says "more" when he wants to eat something. It's cute!...for now ;-).
He says "dow" (down), "uh-oh" "bye-bye" "no, no, no, no,.." "dod!" (dog) "mama" and "dada" too. He signs "doggie" by patting his tummy (the sign is to pat your knee), "please" by rubbing his chest (which actually is the sign), "bird" by pinching his fingers together over and over again.
If you ask him "Where's your nose?" He will point to
your nose! He can also find and point out his belly button if you ask.
 |
| July 2012 |
His favorites: He LOVES shoes and sandals. He will bring his shoes to me then sit down and look up at me, waiting for me to put them on his feet. He will bring me MY sandals too.He loves pushing the laundry basket around the house, climbing Miles' bunk bed ladder, getting rides on his little push toy, and playing with his older siblings' toys (Hailey's ponies and Miles' hot wheels).
 |
| June 2012 |
His Mommy time: I am a BIG believer in reading to children as often as possible, and I have taken a few minutes most days to try to read books to Clay since he was born--but it hasn't been until now that he will finally read entire board books with me and sit still and listen! He seems to understand more now and I think that's part of it. I cherish the time I have to have him on my lap and read together. (I remember when Miles got too big to sit on my lap to read---I couldn't see over his head anymore!---and we were both sad about it. I know how fast and fleeting those sitting on mom's lap years go so I'm going to cherish them with Clay!)
 |
| May 2012 |
Nap times: Well, here I am writing about Clay, and I can hear him talking to himself in his crib now--he's up from his nap! Nap times are wonderful opportunities for me to get things done (forget about doing big chunks of to-do lists when he's awake!!) during his nap time today I cleaned up clutter around the house, swept and mopped, changed the sheets on the beds, read a little and worked on a lesson, and wrote this update so it has been very productive! Nap times are vital and important to both Clay and me. Now, it's off to say hello to my favorite little toddler and be his mommy again :).
1 comment:
cute!
Post a Comment