One evening he was jumping on the trampoline with Hailey and some friends (Luke and Kate; we were babysitting while their mom and dad attended the temple). They were playing crack the egg and he was the egg and had curled his knees close to his chest. Anyway, as the kids jumped his knee knocked into his very loose tooth! I thought it would finally pop out--it was a little bloody and even more loose. But he was too nervous to tug on it...
The next day he was at his grandma's house playing when he said he leaned over and his tooth fell right out!!
The tooth fairy left him a half dollar and a piece of gum. He still has his half dollar. And lucky for me, the tooth fairy let me keep his cute little tooth as a keepsake :).
****************************************************************************
I sometimes play board games with our kids during baby nap times to keep the house quiet for the sleeping child.
Well, for years Miles has wanted to play Ticket to Ride one of our "big kid/adult" board games. He loved trains as a little boy, and this game has trains in it. However, in the past he couldn't comprehend the rules of the game and the math associated with it. So when we did "play" that game it was just to play with the train pieces, and most of the time we stuck to the preschool level games. Well, Miles has finally graduated to the big kid/adult games! He and I played Ticket to Ride for the first time in a long time on Saturday and he completely understood all of the rules for the first time!! He also LOVES Boggle which I love too because I figure it's great for his literacy. It's kind of fun for me to be able to pull out our stash of games for older kids/adults with him because, honestly, it's a little more fun for me to play than Candy Land was for all those years (although I probably have several, several, several more years of Candy Land ahead of me with the other kids!!)
There's a Chess Club night at the library once a month open for all ages, and I'm wondering if Miles and I (or Joey) should mosey on over and check it out. That would be another big kid game he might like :).
It's so fun to watch Miles grow up in these ways!
P.S., just for fun here's a picture I took on Sunday of Miles and Hailey. They played all summer and I love seeing what a great friendship they have.
No comments:
Post a Comment