Monday, August 6, 2012

A Monsoon Story

While we were at church one July afternoon a monsoon hit hard. There was hail and lightening, and it was pouring rain. It knocked the power out for a while too.  Apparently the wind over in Gladden Farms was crazy because trampolines went flying! One of the trampolines was ours--and it flew all the way across our yard over the backyard wall and into our neighbors...WINDOW! Of course the window was smashed! And of course we felt responsible and offered to pay it. In the end, luckily, Allstate paid for the window.

We are still using our *slightly* bent out of shape trampoline... I wonder if the neighbors have had dreams nightmares about flying trampolines like I have since then....


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Holy Cow. I thought things like that only happened in tornados! At least you get some monsoon storms. I'm still waiting for a good one to show up.

The Boring Family said...

Oh my! Are you planning to stake it to the ground? In all the years we had a trampoline growing up, we NEVER had problems with it flying away! Glad everyone was safe!