Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another year older and wiser too!


I had another birthday! Yippee! I am grateful for my many blessings!

I decided to set a few goals to accomplish by my next birthday. Here they are:
  1. Train for next summer's Marana Splash n' Dash races (we are moving to Utah soon (I'll do a post on that sometime soon) but I'm sure we'll come down sometime to visit family and I am going to try to coordinate to stop by and participate in one of these races when we're visiting.) I have already started running and swimming and have already found a couple indoor pools in Utah to "train" at during the winter. I started swimming 32 laps (that's how many laps they do in the race) recently, but I am SO out of breath when I'm finally done so I need to keep it up and get stronger and better. :) I'm also going to look for 5K's to participate in up in Utah. Gotta keep this OLD body healthy!!
  2. Learn how to make DVD's of home videos of our family memories (I can't tell you how excited I am to get this under my belt!)
  3. Read my scriptures for 365 days straight. Gulp! Ok, so I am sporadic at this, but this is my new goal---so even if it is just for 5 minutes. 
So there you have it, my 3 goals for the next year. I thought I'd better keep the list nice and simple so I don't get in over my head. I LOVE life and am so grateful for another year to learn and grow.

No comments: