Another oldie, but goodie. Joey joined a basketball team last winter and we made him a jersey. There were extra iron-on numbers so we let the kids make number shirts with their ages. Miles and Hailey are the best of friends. I was watching them play on the trampoline yesterday and I was so happy to see how happy they are together.
I took the kids to sunshine swim school on Tuesday and a German grandmother was there with her grandson. She had a thick German accent; and told me she was from Germany. I often get comments about looking so young and having three children, so I wasn't surprised when she commented about how I didn't look old enough to have three children. But then she asked something I didn't expect, "Why DID you have so many? Why did you have more than one?" She asked. I was a little taken a-back. I was only speechless for a moment because when I looked at my three sweet kids the words came straight from my heart and out my mouth, "I can't imagine NOT having each of these kids! Life wouldn't be as wonderful without them." They are precious; they are my babies; I rejoice in them. She had a follow-up question, "How do you do it? Isn't it a lot of work?" Yes! The other day a lady asked me if I worked, I said no because I knew what she meant, but I wanted to say "are you kidding? I'm up at 6am or earlier and work until at least 8pm." Sometimes the work makes me exhausted to the core, and sometimes it's frustrating. But there are many purely perfect, awesome, once in a lifetime moments that I wouldn't give up for the world.
My work is special because not only is it some of the most important work there is to be done here on earth but it's also privilege and a luxury to be able to do it all day every day.
Yes I have more than one! And maybe, (when I'm a little less exhausted) we'll hopefully have more than these here too. (Don't ask me about that right after giving birth, while potty training a child, or taking all the kids grocery shopping though because I will probably give you a very different answer!) I love these kids. And I love their dad too! Families are precious!
**************
(Post script: I forgot to add another interesting comment from the same grandma mentioned above. She said, "You aren't American are you." (What??) I told her I was American. She answered that she would have guessed I was Polish. I asked why and she said, "Because you're so small." Seriously?? I was laughing on the inside. Too funny! Since having children I have the most random conversations with the most random strangers about my looks. It is kind of funny...it's usually about age, but this one conversation was extra random and funny.)
2 comments:
Thanks for the post. I needed to hear that today. I feel like I spend my time wandering around the house with nothing to do sometimes because the kids are all up and if I try to accomplish anything, I have too many "helpers" (some which cause more problems)! Then, there are other times that I think, "Am I really doing dishes again? I've already swept the floor 3 times today!" But, you're exactly right. I wouldn't trade in these treasures for the world!
Good for you Tiffany...This is probably my favourite post thus far that you have written. It passes by so fast, enjoy the good and the bad moments as they all become treasured memories.
Karen ( Curtis )
Post a Comment