We visited two families farms in our neighboring ward--the Alexanders and the Wengerts on Monday for a farm field trip. There were 10 little Joy Schoolers, several moms, and lots of little brothers and sisters that came and we all had fun.
Today I taught Joy School at my house for the last time before we move. It was great! I loved hearing Jamie and Hailey play mermaids and listening to the cute things those little kids say. I'm so glad I tried Joy School again --it was well worth it!Clay followed us around the entire time today. He even sat down with the kids on their carpets while I read them a couple of books and he wanted to sit at his booster seat at the table whenever the kids were seated at the table. When we sang songs he bounced and shimmied around with a smile, like he was dancing! I feel like this experience has been wonderful and enriching for him too!
 |
| Checking out the horses... |
 |
| Hailey sitting on Ike the horse |
 |
| Speaking of Ike, here's Ike the cute little boy too :). |
 |
| Isn't this sweet? That's Blake. |
 |
| Hailey's wearing her cowgirl boots (which started to fall apart that day--they've been through three kids at least) and borrowing Jamie's cowgirl hat. |
 |
| Another picture of Hailey on Ike, Kati got this picture. |
 |
| Clay was not a fan. Don't take it personally Ike... |
 |
| Me trying to get Clay to pet the horse. |
 |
| Asher is 5 days older than Clay. He didn't care for Ike too much either... |
 |
| Feeding Festus the donkey at Clay and Laura Wengert's house. |
 |
| The kids were mesmerized by a caterpillar! |
 |
| Llama's hanging out with Jamie and Chase |
 |
| Otter pops at the farm. Can't get much better than that! |
 |
| Talking about animals... |
 |
| Definately NOT my cutest moment! Yowza! I feel like I could be a contestant on that TLC show "What not to Wear" in this picture. Such is the life of a Joy School mama who wakes up at the crack of dawn with three ducklings at her heels...(Sometimes my kids remind me of ducklings.) |
 |
| Hello Festus, nice to meet you... |
 |
| Bro. Wengert (our old bishop) is a veterinarian. This kitty, One Eyed Willie, was abandoned inside a cat carrier by the side of the road. He was brought to the Wengerts in very bad shape, but they saved him and have given him a good life at the clinic. Oh, and Sister Wengert (holding One Eyed Willie) is amazing. I want to grow up to be like her! |
No comments:
Post a Comment