I did NOT help him with this assignment; in general aside from checking over his math answers and looking for neat penmanship I let him do his own stuff on all homework. Last night I was curious as to what he picked out to put in the box so I asked him what he chose. He showed me his items--and one item was the Book of Mormon. Again, totally his choice.
Well, today we asked Miles how being the "king" and sharing his items from home went. He told about his day and then shared "When I showed the class my Book of Mormon I said, you may not have heard of this but it's the Book of Mormon. I am a Mormon." And then my teacher said she HAD heard of it and she had even heard of Mormons!"
Joey and I looked at each other and shared a knowing smile.
We live 20 minutes away from PROVO. Yes, I think a few people around these parts might have heard of Mormons!! ;)
**************************
And on Sunday Hailey came bouncing out of her Sunbeam class with this huge strip of cloth tied around her forehead that read "I can be Honest." I asked her what she learned about in class and she responded, "I learned to be honest and I also learned about the scribbling warriors!"

1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment