I can't remember if I ever built a snowman as a kid or not, I guess I'll have to ask Amber if we did that in Illinois. But, today the kids and I did build a snowman and it was really fun. Their first snowman, of many snowmen I hope and maybe my first snowman too. I have enjoyed playing in the snow with the kids--it is a new kind of fun we just don't have much experience with yet. I am really anxious to get some good use in on our sleds too! I just need to remind myself to be patient, it's only the start of winter so we have a few good months ahead to use those sleds hopefully...
 |
| Oh, Clay, you are a cutie! |
 |
| I'm really happy he's started to enjoy the snow at least a little bit. He hated it to begin with! |
 |
Maple mountain is pretty!
|
I have a few things I want to share but have not had time to do so--first we cut down our first live Christmas tree. That was a fun experience. The kids decorated it almost entirely without our help--and it looks like kids decorated it :) and I'm totally fine with that.
Second, we are headed to Arizona for Christmas! It was a tough decision, I don't have the desire to travel 12 hours in the car with the kids more than once or twice a year--but visiting AZ is better in the winter, and we want the kids to have memories with grandmas and grandpas and extended family as much as we can. We also might be able to walk through and see our home one last time and that would be kind of fun too.
I am grateful that we made a snowman together. They want to build a second one tomorrow afternoon! No problem, I'm ready for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment