Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let it snow!

This morning we woke up to what we estimated to be 2 feet of snow!

The kids were excited. When we said that after we got Saturday chores done then we could go play outside one child was very motivated to work and the other child was very disappointed and cried!

After chores were finished we got our snow gear on and headed outside. When we came in about 40 minutes later we ate a nice warm lunch. Then friends knocked on the door and the kids got their snow gear back on again and went outside again!

All the snow play finally ended when Miles took off his mittens to make snow balls and his hands got too cold, so he came inside. And about 5 minutes later Hailey's boots somehow came off and she started trying to walk around in the snow in her socks!

Clay was not that impressed. While he did want to be outside, he did not want to step in the snow or touch the snow. He seems to like to look at it through the window in his nice warm house instead!





A real angel making a snow angel.

I read an article on the Power of Moms website (one of my favorite sites go check it out!) called "Get in the Picture" and it inspired me to take more photos of myself with my children. In the past I have been guilty of not only being the one behind the camera almost all the time taking all the family pictures (none of which I would be in), but sometimes I would even decline to be photographed when Joey would try to get a picture! I am ashamed... No longer!! I am going to make a greater effort to be in snapshots with my children!





 In Tucson the extreme weather is during summer, here it's during winter--but here's a difference--when the kids want to play outside in Tucson and it's 115 degrees they put on flip flops (or are barefoot) and just run outside in the backyard. When the kids want to play here and it's in the 20's and snowy they put on--their snow bibs, their thick socks, their boots, their winter coat, their hat, their gloves, their scarves, and FINALLY after about 20 minutes of putting things on go outside! All I could hope was that nobody would need to go to the bathroom for a while after all those layers! Cold weather is a little more high maintenance than hot weather that's for sure! :)

Clay doesn't really care for the snow. And, really, at this age I don't mind at all because toddlers and snow sound like a high maintenance mix!

No comments: