Sunday, March 10, 2013

An update for Hailey

Now, onto Hailey!

A few of my favorite people. 
Hailey thinks I'm the most awesome person in the world.  I don't know how many people would agree with her ;), but she believes it! She kisses me and hugs me a lot. Sometimes I will feel a little kiss on my arm when I'm not paying attention, I'll look down and there will be Hailey! She loves to play with my hair. She wants to sit by me at dinner, sit by me at family scripture time, and sit by me at church. I feel, well, pampered! I hope it doesn't burst her bubble when she grows up and realizes how ordinary I am, but for now I guess I am her super mom! 

When I see how what I do makes Hailey feel safe and secure and happy and important, I realize why she loves me so much...and I want to live up to her best expectations!

Hailey has flourished since our move. To be honest, Hailey (at least so far) has always seemed to do great wherever she is and with whatever she is doing. 

Hailey attends preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays. At dinner one night she impressed us by telling us a story she had heard during preschool--she told us the story of "the red coats and the blue coats" and proceeded to talk about the midnight ride of Paul Revere, George Washington, and how Betsy Ross sewed our flag!! Joey and I just starred at her and tried not to let our jaws drop too much!

I have been getting creative with Hailey's hair! The amount of snow and cold weather made wearing hoods and beanies necessary, but they left Hailey's hair SERIOUSLY tangled and full of static. So now I'm learning how to do some new, fun, fancier stuff. It keeps it looking somewhat nice. Can I add that to my resume? ;)

Valentines Day 2013. She is holding a bear that Grandma Jones sent her and wearing a hat I made for her using a knitting loom. Her Valentines presents :).  
Lastly, Hailey has two best buds--Brielle and Ellie. These three girls are the same age, one turned 5 in January, one turned 5 in February, and Hailey turns 5 this month. They are like three little peas in a pod. They spend preschool and playgroup together twice a week. They love to play this game called "agents" and they draw maps and go on spy missions. Do you want to know WHO they spy on??? The CAT in the backyard! The also love using scissors, markers, paper, and glue sticks.

On this particular day Brielle and Hailey were making traps for the invisible man. Their trap consisted of a hole in the snow that was filled with dirt and straw. That is another important job "agents" have apparently! Hailey came inside after this soaking wet (from the puddles of melting snow) and with very dirty hands and pants, but happy too. 

So there you have it! Two down, one to go... 

No comments: