I have been a little concerned, well at least aware, of Clay's language skills in the last 6 months. He was only saying about 4 or 5 words consistently by 18 months. Some words he previously said he stopped saying too. I know this is probably just normal, but I wasn't sure. Since I have heard it's important to catch speech delays early I wanted to just be aware of his progress--or lack thereof. So he was tested to see if he qualified for speech therapy. His scores were not low enough for him to qualify; which is good news.
I have tried to spend extra time helping him to learn and grow in the language department--reading books, singing songs, going to story time at the library, and talking to him all day long! Since 6 months ago his language has improved. He has spoken several new words--"mom"(my personal favorite) , "bow", "hi", "beah" (bear), "bay" (baby), "dow" (down), "dat" (that), "nigh-nigh" (night-night), "na" (nap),"ha" (hat), "Uuuu" (up), "oooo" (moo), "quack", "uh-hu", and "mine!" When I tell him "I love you" he will respond with "mom-mom" so maybe that means "I love you mom." He is also starting to put two words together, not very often, but sometimes, "nigh-nigh" "daa-don" (all done) "bye-bye" (bye-bye), and just very recently "I some!" (I want some) which he always says VERY emphatically! And just today for the first time he said, "Dat mine!" Sounds like something a 23 month old would say!
![]() |
| Watching Miles and Hailey do swimming lessons (March). |
Clay loves ring-around-the rosie and other movement songs. These have been a great way to play with him. He's pretty good at "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." He loves to be chased too. I can take him outside now that it's warmer and he will start running in the grass and look back at me and say "mom!" then start running again. He want's to be chased.
| I made this hat for Miles using my knitting loom :). Clay has a green one I made for him, be he borrows everybody's hats. |
He is into throwing balls these days. It is so fun and cute to sit down and play catch with him. Recently he put his arms out when Joey was throwing to him and accidentally caught the ball and his eyes lite up and he was so happy! Totally cute!
We all love Clay so much! He brings so much happiness to our house!


No comments:
Post a Comment