Monday, April 29, 2013

Easter 2013 and Grandma and Grandpa Hancock

The older I get the more I love Easter. It is such a sweet, meaningful, simple holiday that as a mother I can really enjoy. No need to feel that I need to get a list of things accomplished to really participate in the holiday or make it enjoyable for my family.

This year we tried a couple different things. We did an Easter countdown in the Friend Magazine with a little puzzle where the kids could put a piece together each day until Easter and do the activity associated with it. It was simple and really great. Each day had us do a different Christ-centered activity together. Loved it! We also dyed eggs a few days before Easter.

On Saturday we attended an Easter egg hunt on BYU campus. It was chaotic and crowded. My wedding ring slipped off my finger on a crowded inflatable slide. My wedding ring is very loose because my fingers are skinnier than they used to be and because of this it often slips right off. I was super grateful when the Nordstrom's daughter found it for me. After the crazy egg hunt we went to a BYU football scrimmage game. 



On Sunday it was so quiet in our little home. There were Easter baskets for the kids in the morning. We could smell ham cooking upstairs in the afternoon. Joey made us a great dinner and we made cookies and just spent time together. 

The week after Easter we had wonderful visitors---Grandma and Grandpa Hancock! We had so much fun seeing them.

And, the same week of Easter we just happened to snap this photo of the kids after bath, before bed. Some pictures make my heart melt and the one below is one of them. They just look so happy. How thankful I am for my family--the family Joey and I have as well as our extended family. 


No comments: