Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day in beautiful Logan, UT

We decided to take a getaway to Logan, UT for Labor Day. 

We left after church on Sunday. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Mapleton. We had a tuna fish sandwich picnic at the Logan Tabernacle. Next we walked around the Logan Temple. We ended our  night by watching a Shirley Temple DVD at the hotel.

On Monday we saw Utah State University. We got caught in a big rainstorm and got soaking wet, but nobody was too sad about it. :) We ate their "famous ice cream" (according to Aggies) at their own creamery (who knew they had one?!) and had lunch at a delicious Mongolian Grill (Joey was craving it!). We also explored Logan Canyon. We took the kids fishing and fed ducks at 2nd Dam located near the entrance of the canyon.

I enjoy making memories with these peeps. They tired me out sometimes (ok, often!) but they truly are my treasures and there is nothing better than having this family to call my own.

I asked Miles to take a picture of Joey and me. Her are the blurry, but cute results. 9/1/2013--First day of being 29 years old. I am finally, officially old! 
What struck me about the tabernacle was the many years it took to construct. It is so old, but SO beautiful. We don't have to rush building the most amazing parts of our own lives. It can be slow and take time, and that's ok if we are doing our absolute best and have an end goal.
Those pioneers sure knew how to build beautiful, rock solid buildings!

I am SO glad this kid came to our family! He makes us happy.
I love to see the temple! I really do. I like to feel close to Heavenly Father and I can't think of a closer place than the temple. 
George Washington, anyone? On USU campus.
We would just be tickled pink if all our children chose to graduate from college and so we thought it would be fun to visit different college campuses as they grow up to hopefully nurture a desire in each of them to gain a college education. This is Utah State University's campus. A is for "Aggies", their mascot.
Fishing at 2nd Dam, Logan Canyon. 9/2

No comments: