Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Our Hailey

Hailey: "Scribbling Warriors" Hailey's pronunciation for "Stripling Warriors." (October 2012)

Me: "You guys are my blessings." 
Hailey: 
"We aren't blessings! We're kids!" (August 2012)

Hailey: "chick-munk" Hailey's pronunciation for chipmunk (June 2012)

Hailey: Lost Vegas is how Hailey pronounces Las Vegas (May 2012)

Hailey: "There's Special K!" (Said as we drove past a Circle K.) (March 2012)

Hailey: Swishy (Hailey's word for wavy) February 2012

Hailey: "Valentime" I love her pronunciation of valentine! (December 2011)

Hailey (talking to her friend Nate):"You have a good remembery."(November 2011)


Hailey: "Donny knocked on my shoulder with his finger..." (Explaining how her friend tapped her on her shoulder) (October 2011)

Hailey wanted to paint...
Me: "Take off your shirt and pants so you don't get paint on them." (I was a little lazy and was going to let her paint in her undies instead of digging out an apron.)
Hailey: "But I need my privacy!"(October 2011)

Hailey is taking off with her reading skills! Kindergarten started on August 29th and she loves it. She's in afternoon kinder. She reads BOB books from the library, plus our collection own of Hooked on Phonics books to me or Joey each day. I read to her and Clay every morning before the kindergarten bus and she is quickly memorizing all her sight words. She is in the Mapleton children's choir which meets weekly and she is also in a year round swim school every Friday.

She is quick at doing her chores and has a great attitude about life. She puts up with me styling her hair every day which can sometimes take a while. Her best friend is Brielle, who lives upstairs. Today they played in the backyard after Hailey finished her laundry. I asked her what they played...and she shared with me a wonderful story about how she and Brielle found out their ancestors were PRINCESSES which made them PRINCESSES of course and then they found out later that they were actually sisters and they rode their horses (bikes) all over the backyard. Sounds like so much fun!

She is often saying the cutest things and I want so badly to keep better track of these cute remarks.

The other day she told me she had something special behind her back and she wanted me to guess what it was (it was a little drum we bought the kids when we went to Hawaii.) I asked her:
"What letter does it start with?"
She replied, "J!"
I just couldn't guess what it was even with her clues so I finally gave up and she showed me the drum. I said,
"Oh a drum! That starts with D!"
She said,
"No it doesn't! Listen mom! J-J-J-JRUM! Can you hear it?" Yes, my cute little girl, I can hear it :). 

At the end of the second day of kindergarten Hailey and Miles got off the bus. Clay and I were waiting for them. I asked Miles, "How was school?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Eh." Lol! The excitedment wears off after a couple years I guess! :) Then I asked Hailey, "How was school?" and she said with total enthusiasm and a huge smile, "GREAT!" I love how excited she has been to start school. She's been waiting for this opportunity since she saw Miles go off to school a couple years ago.

Another cute conversation: Hailey took her teddy bear to school. She and her friends play with their teddy bears at recess. I asked her what she did at recess and she replied, "I trained my bear to go down the slide all by herself!"

I love Hailey and am so glad I get to be her CTR 4 teacher this year. She and I have a track record of being in the same class at church (this is the third time I have been called to be her teacher at church.) I am truly grateful for this and I like to think it was meant to be that way. She is my little angel in so many ways. 
Hailey with her best friend, Brielle.  These girls play almost every single day. It also seems that Hailey has inherited my petite genes, these girls are only a month apart in age, but Brielle is a head taller. I thought Joey's tallness would even things out for our kids. Who knew smallness could be the dominant gene?? (June)
Hailey, Kate, and Sophie (cousins) (June)
She learned how to ride without training wheels this summer at our neighbors house. Hailey and Sadie. (June)
Pagosa Springs, CO (July) 
Caught a fish with her daddy and brother in August. 

No comments: