Thursday, January 16, 2014

January happenings

First, a small tid-bit about Christmas. Clay met Santa at the library. He talked a lot about Santa this year. Hailey is in a Mapleton City Choir and it was so wonderful to hear her choir perform some beautiful Christmas music at their Christmas concert. She has really blossomed in choir. With her in the picture below is Brielle and Ashton. Brielle is our upstairs neighbor and Ashton lives right next door. These sweet kindergartners play a lot together. Heidi is the director, she also lives upstairs and she and her husband own the house we are living in. They are GREAT friends and I count her as a HUGE blessing in my life in Utah. I know I can always count on her, and she and KC have helped us so many time since we moved here. We go on double dates on occasion and swap babysitting often. Next up, I finally finished my Grandma's history right before Christmas and I am super happy to have it complete! Lastly, we took a trip to see the temple lights in SLC. That handsome man in the picture below is mine. I love him!







We did the 12 day of Christmas for our elderly neighbors.One night we came outside with their gift for the night making lots of noise and didn't notice that Elwin was outside taking his trash to the curb. He saw us, we saw him. We looked like deer caught in headlights I'm sure! The kids ran and hid behind a parked car. So, I hid with them. We were maybe 10 feet away from him. He SAW us run and hide behind the car! He went inside his house, and turned on the porch lights. Doing the secret Santa thing was fun, and next year we might even be able to pull the 'secret' part off. :)

Oh, we finally made a snowman. You've got to wait for the snow to get a little slushy, but once it does the snowman turns out great! We named him Snowy. He was a very good looking snowman if I may say so myself. I will also say it is an AWESOME workout to make a snowman. The kids "helped" me by patting the snow with their little mitten hands. But I was working up a good heart rate, it's a great winter workout ;).


A few weeks after making him a kindergartner eye witness told me that a 7-year-old ninja was spotted doing multiple karate moves on the defenseless snowman--whose head came clean off his body! When the suspect was approached and questioned he responded with, "Uhhh...am I going to get in trouble?" I really couldn't keep a straight face. Our poor snowman has yet to be reconstructed and Snowy's head is still sitting on the ground right next to his body, poor guy!

Also, I better announce our awesome news (so that a baby doesn't just pop out of nowhere in a future post leaving the reader to wonder, "Where did that baby come from?!" but go ask your mom, not me, if you don't know...) We are having a baby in the summer! I am now about 11 weeks prego. Clay announced it to his Daddy with this picture, which I framed and gave to Joey as a Christmas gift.


We are hoping to go sledding on Saturday. I love sledding! Life is happily moving forward. We are blessed!

No comments: