This is what Clay asked me a few mornings ago. The translation is, "Go make a snowman please?" It was 8am and about 15 degrees outside. I was barefoot and in my pajamas. The kitchen was a mess. I wanted to say no. Then I looked at those big brown eyes. He was handing me one little blue mitten. I was smitten! How could I say no to that?
So we bundled up from head to toe and out we went to play. We could not build a snowman because the snow was too powdery, apparently that is why it is called "the greatest snow on earth", however that does not make for the greatest snowman snow. Instead we played "choo-choo train" by shuffling around in the very deep snow. Then we threw up handfuls of snow like confetti. We admired how everything sparkled. We brushed the snow off our van together. We were out for a good 30 minutes, which is a long time when it is cold outside. This boy loved it.
Playing in the snow is also an EXCELLENT way to tire a toddler (and a mommy) out for a great nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment