Sunday, March 29, 2015

Growing up! Months 5,6,7 bring lots of change, growth, and a much more rested mom

January Highlights: Paige got her first taste of baby food (rice cereal) right before her 6 month birthday. She wasn't sure what to do with it and it took a couple days of practice for her to learn how to swallow it. She did enjoy playing with the spoon though! By the end of January Paige could sit up on her own for about 30-60 seconds before she would fall over. She enjoyed the ability to sit up, it was easier to see things.




February Highlights: 
At six months Paige had doubled her birth weight, she weighed 14 pounds and some ounces. She laughed when we did silly things like play peek-a-boo. I found her tickle spots this month too, in the second picture she is reacting to some tickling from me. I tickled her every single night before bath time, I loved to hear her little baby giggles. 

She also began to babble, she started by saying "dadadadada..." but also learned how to make other noises other than cooing--she especially liked to make the 'raspberry' sound with her lips.

She learned to love baby food and we quickly moved from one type of food to the next, carrots, green beans, apple sauces, bananas, apricots, etc. Each one was a new taste and she loved it.

Something else marvelous happened in February, I let Paige 'cry it out' one night. It was not fun for me, I feel a lot of anxiety when I let my babies cry, but I was pretty tired after many months of broken sleep. After ONLY ONE NIGHT she started sleeping through the night!!! Last night (March 28th) she slept for 10 hours straight! She does that almost every single night now. She wakes up happy and this is one much more rested mommy. :)




March Highlights: Here we are at the end of March. Paige is on the verge of crawling. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. She listens when I read her stories better. She is getting very wiggling. (Just look at that wiggling baby in the photos below! These photos were right before church today.) Her personality is coming out more and more and she's a very sweet and happy girl. We love having her in the family. The kids are always asking if they can hold Paige. Oh, and her TWO BOTTOM TEETH came in!!



She'll be 8 months old in just a few days! Oh, how we love our Paigey-pumpkin-pie!!


No comments: