On the day before Valentines Day Hailey came bounding into my room. It was about 7am and I still had the covers pulled up to my chin and my eyes closed--although I was awake. Hailey was so happy! She bounced up and down and said, "Mommy! Don't tell ANYBODY! But, I made Miles' and Clay's beds for them!" Hailey's often doing thoughtful acts of service for others.
The other day I sat outside and just watched quietly as my kids played in the backyard with the neighbor kids. It was fun to watch them play and interact. Hailey was busy tearing up an unwanted bread piece into small pieces, she then spread the bread around the yard--her goal was to provide the birds with food. She's always thinking of others, even the birds!
Miles has almost finished reading the Book of Mormon, and the entire family has noticed. He reads one page on his own each night. Well, Hailey noticed and the idea caught on with her! She announced to me that she planned to read 1 page in the Book of Mormon each day too. Her goal is to finish before her baptism!
Hailey was so excited to learn to put a ponytail into her own hair all by herself. She loves to do this! Sometimes she and I have to...ummm...negotiate because pony tails done by 1st graders look a little less...polished...than ponytails done by moms. We've compromised--I do her hair on Sundays and special, nicer days and as long as her hair is clean and the tangles are brushed out throughout the week then she can do her own ponytails.
Hailey was finally old enough to participate in the little city basketball program. She was very excited. She had such a great time with Joey as her coach. She was adorable on the court.
For her birthday she decorated her own pink cake with Brielle. They had lots of fun putting candies on the top of her cake. Her big present was getting her ears pierced! She was really happy. She picked out cute little diamond flower shaped earrings from Claire's.
| Hailey and Brielle Bezzant, best friends 2015 |
| Hailey and Brielle had lots of fun decorating the cake. |
| About to get her ears pierced, this was mom and dad's gift this year. |
| Siblings! 3/23/2015 |
Dear Hailey,
Just want to say I love you. You are an important and special part of each one of our lives. You are very thoughtful and kind toward others. You're also a good sport. You are enthusiastic and willing to try new things. You're a smart girl too--I love hearing you read and practice piano. I love that you love to try out new sports and even want to go running with me on the weekends. It makes me happy to see you be good friends to your brothers. You are helpful and cheerful with Paige too. I am so thankful to have you as my daughter. I know Heavenly Father loves you too.
Love, Mom
Oh, and by the way at her 7 yr. well check she was:
45 inches tall
and
39 pounds
Tiny gal ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment